Having problem inserting information in A access D

Thread: Having problem inserting information in A access D

joyflag Guest

Default Having problem inserting information in A access D

I am trying to put the requested information on the DB but i am having a error message like this :Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005 <BR><BR>.]Microsoft[]ODBC Microsoft Access Driver[ Field &#039member.Uname&#039 cannot be a zero-length string <BR><BR>/joyflag/logform.asp, line 19 <BR>I have do it on Get so the information is arriveing on the logform.asp <BR>And the code is:<BR>&#060;% Response.Buffer = True %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Dim name, password, email, phone, data_source, sql_insert<BR><BR>"name =Request.Form)"username(<BR>"password = Request.Form)"password(<BR>"email= Request.Form)"email(<BR>"phone = Request.Form)"phone(<BR><BR>(data_source = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver )*.mdb(};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath)"members.mdb" <BR>("sql_insert = "insert into member )uname, upassword, uemail, phone( values )&#039" & name & "&#039,&#039" & password & "&#039,&#039" & email & "&#039, &#039" & phone &&#039"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>"Set con = Server.CreateObject)"ADODB.Connection(<BR>con.Open data_source<BR>con.Execute sql_insert<BR><BR>con.Close<BR>Set con = Nothing<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>Please help.<BR> joyflag <BR><BR>

Default RE: Having problem inserting information in A acce

Can you try posting again...and this time just cut and paste text of your program?<BR><BR>Your source code is *horribly* scrambled up!<BR><BR>But the error message is, basically, saying that your VBS variable "name" contains no data.<BR><BR>That is, you do<BR><BR>name = Request.Form("userName")<BR><BR>and you are getting nothing! Didn&#039t you say that you had to use QueryString? So maybe the problem is that you *should* be doing<BR><BR>name = Request.QueryString("userName")<BR><BR>???<BR><BR>