Handling Transaction

Thread: Handling Transaction

Kiran Shiveshwar Guest

Default Handling Transaction

The user will add products to cart. I will enter the selected product with user details and sessionID in the database.After some time the user decides to logout.Since the products are not bought I want the entries made to database to be deleted. <BR> <BR>I suppose this can be acheived by beginTrans,CommitTrans & RollbackTrans on a Connection object. <BR> <BR>Can you please mail me the sample code for such kind of task.Any <BR>improvements to the above method is welcome. <BR>

omc Guest

Default RE: Handling Transaction

If you don&#039t mind using sessions you could hold off on updating the database until the user actually makes a purchase. You could just keep track of all purchases in session arrays. Or, I guess depending on how many screens there are, you could pass all the values through hidden form fields.

If your site uses sessions you could do use the Session_OnEnd sub of the global.asa file to clean up the users cart records. <BR><BR>Or, if the tables you are using for the cart are only used for the cart you can auto delete the records after a certain amount of time has passed since the record creation.

If your site uses sessions you could do use the Session_OnEnd sub of the global.asa file to clean up the users cart records. <BR><BR>Or, if the tables you are using for the cart are only used for the cart you can auto delete the records after a certain amount of time has passed since the record creation.