ASP Database Errors

Thread: ASP Database Errors

Jason Angus Guest

Default ASP Database Errors

I am getting the following errors on my ASP doesn&#039t matter if I use a DSN or DSNless connection. Any Ideas, they were working just a few weeks ago.<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/ovec-ikec/aspsamp/menu.asp, line 9 <BR><BR><BR>Line Number 9 is:<BR>objConn.Open

Default RE: ASP Database Errors

This is what Microsfot says about that error. They are sometimes out in left field but thought it couldn&#039t hurt for you to read this:<BR><BR>CAUSE<BR>=====<BR> <BR>The MSDASQL OLE DB provider is either unavailable or is not registered. This can<BR>be caused by an incomplete upgrade or a bad install of the Microsoft Data Access<BR>Components (MDAC) components.<BR> <BR>RESOLUTION<BR>==========<BR> <BR>Here are two ways to resolve this problem:<BR> <BR> - Register the Msdasql.dll using the following command:<BR> <BR> REGSVR32 "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemole dbMSDASQL.DLL"<BR> <BR> - Reinstall the Microsoft Data Access Components used. The newest version of<BR> MDAC can be downloaded from the following Web site:<BR> <BR><BR> <BR>STATUS<BR>======<BR> <BR>This behavior is by design.<BR> <BR>MORE INFORMATION<BR>================<BR> <BR>Steps to Reproduce Behavior<BR>---------------------------<BR> <BR>1. Unregister "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemole dbMsdasql.dll" using<BR> REGSVR32 from the Command line. Here is an example:<BR> <BR> REGSVR32 -U "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemole dbMSDASQL.DLL"<BR> <BR>2. Try to connect to the PUBS database on SQL Server using ADO.<BR> <BR>RESULTS: The error occurs.<BR> <BR>Additional query words: kbDSIASPGrp kbADO<BR> <BR>============================================== ========================<BR>Keywords : kbDatabase kbGrpMDAC kbDSupport kbADO210sp2 kbGrpODBC <BR>Version : WINDOWS:1.5,2.1 SP2<BR>Platform : WINDOWS<BR>Issue type : kbprb<BR>========================================= ====================================<BR>Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1999.<BR>