Through trial and error, I&#039ve succeeded in getting an application such as notepad to run on the server via an asp page using the Windows Scripting Host Object:<BR><BR>Set WshShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>WshShell.R un "%windir%
otepad.exe"<BR><BR>but am having difficulty with running command line progs that require access to environment variables.<BR><BR>I want to execute PGP command line with a set of arguments on the server via an ASP document.<BR><BR>PGP requires certain environment variables to be set, this has been done, and when run as a local script, PGP sees the neccessary environment variables and successfully completes it&#039s task.<BR><BR>When I execute PGP via an ASP page using WSH as above, I can see the dos box appear on the server, but PGP cannot see the various config files within it&#039s own folder and produces an error message before the dos box closes. I thought that it&#039s because WSH does not have access to the server environment variables.<BR><BR>So I found a script to show the environment variables:<BR><BR>Set WshShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>Set WshSysEnv = WshShell.Environment("SYSTEM")<BR>for each item in WshSysEnv<BR>Response.write item<BR>next<BR><BR>It ran successfully through an ASP page, and I can see all the environment variables including those relating to PGP, so now I&#039m confused...<BR><BR>Help!!!!<BR>