I keep getting this error!!!

Thread: I keep getting this error!!!

Default I keep getting this error!!!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e31&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired <BR><BR>/koala/scripts/getmenu.asp, line 45 <BR><BR><BR>I keep getting this error. Can anyone help. How can I set this? I have tried everything to my knowledge, including looking at and changing some of the registry settings. But still nothing works. Any advice? Please let me know how I can change this setting. I am running IIS 4.0 on NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5. I am using an ODBC connection to run a stored procedure on the SQL server 6.5 database.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR> Eric

ASP_DRUG_DEALER Guest

Default RE: I keep getting this error!!!

Hey Eric,<BR>Make sure you don&#039t have any infinite loops going (stored Procedure also). You may want to try running it stright from the console of you SQL box. IIS is set for 90 seconds (default), try using this....<BR>server.scripttimeout=?? (in seconds)<BR>Here some other reading that may help..<BR>http://www.learnasp.com/learn/DoLoop3.asp<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>

Kiran Shiveshwar Guest

The error comes in many situation<BR>1) You tried to update the recordset when the the record is locked.<BR>2) You tried to movenext when some other user has given addnew to recordset and not yet updated the recordset.<BR>3) Very rare- Your connection string is not proper.

I JUST got this error in my script also! I was lucky and had a DB sitting in the next room. She told me to simply index my tables in SQL Server. The format is (in SQL Enterprise manger)<BR>create index NEW_INDEX_NAME<BR>on TABLE_NAME (FIELD1, [FIELD2, ...])<BR>Just index the fields you do your Select Statement on. My script when from 90+ seconds execution to about 10-15 seconds. Makes me want to actually LEARN SQL now :)