Hi all,<BR><BR>A few days ago I posted a message about creating a message board application using ASP and Microsoft Access, it seems that recursion is the technique that&#039d get the job done. I understand what recursion is and have used it in other programming projects. After a little thinking this is the basic logic I came up with:<BR><BR>Create a connection and recordset, load and display the first message in the database, use its ID field to search through the rest of the database to see if it has any submessages, if it does, load and display the submessage, then use its ID number to look through the database again for sub-submessages, so on.<BR><BR>My question is, let&#039s say I create a function that handles this, when it calls itself recursively, what needs to be passed to the function? I am thinking the ID to look for, the recordset object(?), and perhaps a bookmark? Sorry if this is a dumb question. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I&#039d really appreciate it.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>John