Text As A Submit button

Thread: Text As A Submit button

HTML Newbie Guest

Default Text As A Submit button

Can I use regular plain text as a submit button in a form?

Riva Guest

Default RE: Text As A Submit button

Assuming you wanted to know if you could put any message on your submit button, the answer is yes. (Don&#039t ya love it?) If you wanted the button to say "Go", you&#039d do something like this:<BR>&#060;input type=submit name=submit value=" Go "&#062;&#060;/input&#062;<BR>The spaces before and after the quoted text were only placed there because I like a button wider than two characters. It&#039s your prerogative to leave them there or get rid of them. <BR><BR>If this wasn&#039t your question, please inform in more detailed manner.<BR><BR>p.s. you might find www.jalfrezi.com a superb tutorial.

You mean no button? Sure!<BR>&#060;form name="myform" method="post" action="pg2.asp"&#062;<BR>&#060;a href="JavaScript:myFunc()"&#062;Run Report&#060;/a&#062;<BR>...<BR>then, in the &#060;head&#062;:<BR>&#060;script language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>function myFunc() {<BR>document.myform.submit()<BR>}<BR>enjoy!<BR>

YES OFFCOURSE,BUT FOR THAT YOU NEED A HTML EDITOR?

Craz-<BR>I&#039m not sure what you&#039re trying to say, but don&#039t ever use an HTML editor; they like to stick *lots* of unnecessary HTML into pages, making them bigger than they need to be. Besides, you&#039ll really know what you&#039re doing if don&#039t use an editor.<BR>A text editor (Notepad, Wordpad) is the way to go. I learned my first eight months of ASP using Notepad. Now I use the Visual Interdev source display which color codes tags.<BR>