Connection Problem

Thread: Connection Problem

Gavin Carter Guest

Default Connection Problem

I&#039m brand new to ASP, basically getting stuck with this job. I&#039m trying to connect to a database, and running into problems. Can anyone tell me what could cause this error:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>I&#039m using a DSN connection. I have permission to view the database from my computer, and I don&#039t know of anyone else with the file open, or even if they did, why or how they could open it "exclusively". Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR>Thanks,<BR>~Gavin

Default RE: Connection Problem

Do you have the database open yourself? You would get that error if you have it open.

Default RE: Connection Problem

No, I thought of that one. Ran the error message through Microsoft&#039s Knowledge Base and found that it is probably a permissions error, with the IUSER not having permissions for the database. Does this sound like a plausible solution to anyone?