make your own webpage

Thread: make your own webpage

Default make your own webpage

I want to allow a user to come on line and create their own page. This page will be from a template and everyones page will look the same except that the top will say: Your Acct Rep is: (repname). This page needs to be generated at time of sign up and have it&#039s own folder. End result should be: the rep can give out the address:<BR>www.mysitename.com/repname/ and users can type this address in and go right to her page to shop.<BR>Any ideas?

ASP_DRUG_DEALER Guest

Default RE: make your own webpage

Hey Mickey,<BR><BR>I was just playing around a bit. What I ended up with is a form where you can enter a company name. Take the company name, create a folder named after the company, add a default.asp (format however you wanted). Pretty cool, I like it. You end up with www.mysitename/companyname<BR><BR>hope this helps..<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim strNewCompanyName<BR>&#039get company name form other form<BR>strNewCompanyName = Request.Form("companyname")<BR>If strNewCompanyName = "" Then<BR>Response.Write("&#060;STRONG&#062;&#060;CE NTER&#062;No Company to make a website for.&#060;/CENTER&#062;&#060;/STRONG&#062;")<BR>Else<BR>&#039make sub file for website.<BR>&#039www.mysite.com/theirfolder<BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set objNewSite = objFSO.CreateFolder(Server.Mappath("./" & strNewCompanyName))<BR>set objNewSite = nothing<BR>&#039make the default page, this could be asp or htm, html<BR>Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(Server.Mappath("./" & strNewCompanyName & "/" & "default.asp" ),8,True)<BR>&#039design the layout then fill in the blanks _<BR>&#039 with different variables and such.<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;HTML&#062;")<BR> objFile.Writeline("&#060;HEAD&#062;&#060;TITLE&#06 2;" & strNewCompanyName & "&#060;/TITLE&#062;&#060;/HEAD&#062;")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;BODY BGCOLOR=""#ffe7a5""&#062;")<BR>objFile.Writeline(" &#060;H1&#062;&#060;CENTER&#062;DOUG IS A NERD&#060;/CENTER&#062;&#060;/H1&#062;<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("I Really could use a job!<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;B&#062;Poor student in southern IL!&#060;/B&#062;<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;B&#062;S outheast MO, Western KY?&#060;/B&#062;<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;I&#062;I nternship?&#060;/I&#062;<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("SOME OTHER VARIABLES AND CONTENT GO HERE.<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("YOU COULD EVEN FORMAT A TABLE OR A DB_CONNECTION.<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("What about doing some includes?<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("KIller idea...let go with it!<BR>")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;/BODY&#062;")<BR>objFile.Writeline("&#060;/HTML&#062;")<BR>objFile.close<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>