Writing ASP to static html file.

Thread: Writing ASP to static html file.

David Grohl Guest

Default Writing ASP to static html file.

I&#039ve got an ASP script that takes data from a database (which is only updated a couple of times a day), and produces complex html directly to the clients browser. This is slow, as there is quite a bit of data.<BR>Ideally, I would like to produce a static html page on the server, whenever the database is updated, and serve this html page, instead of the asp one.<BR>I&#039ve already hit on two ideas: <BR><BR>1)Rewrite my ASP page, replacing all response.write&#039s with appropriate stuff to write to disk instead (which is a simple search and replace task in the ASP file), and doing the same for any free html code in the ASP (which is painful, because of the large amount of asp interdispersed with free html, and makes it difficult to update the html formatting if I need to in the future.)<BR>2)Creating a InetCtls.Inet object to fetch the processed asp file from the server itself, then writing it to disk - however my ISP does not support this.....<BR><BR>Is there any easier way of doing this? Like changing the default output to a file instead of to the client somehow? There&#039s probably someonething obvious that I haven&#039t thought of....<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Dave

Default RE: Writing ASP to static html file.

u can check out the using web publishing wizard of sql.. it makes a html file .. from the records of database and they keeep updating. <BR>check it out <BR>

David Grohl Guest

Default RE: Writing ASP to static html file.

Just a follow up on my question. Data in the database is only updated via the web, and this is only done very occasionally. I would like to trigger the creation of the static html file when the data input form is submitted.<BR><BR>I was thinking of maybe response.redirecting to an ASP file that will do the creation of the html file automatically.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>Regards