ADO ADDNEW METHOD

Thread: ADO ADDNEW METHOD

Vipul Desai Guest

Default ADO ADDNEW METHOD

I need to add records to an Access Table and I am having an error that states that the Provider does not support this method immediately after the RS.addnew command. My code is below and could someone please help. It is urgent!<BR><BR>&#060;%@EnableSessionState=True Language=VBScript%&#062; <BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY bgColor=CLAY&#062;<BR><BR>Dim ADOConn<BR>Dim Daoconn<BR>Dim rs <BR><BR><BR>dim count<BR>Set ADOCOnn = CreateObject("Adodb.Connection") <BR>Set RS = CreateObject("ADODB.REcordSEt") &#039<BR>AdoConn.Open "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c est.MDB" <BR><BR>RS.Open "collapsed",adoConn,adOpenDynamic<BR> <BR><BR>RS.AddNew<BR> rs("field1") = 1 <BR>rs.update<BR>&#039Response.Err Description &#039Program Crashes Here.<BR>&#039Provider does not support this method.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>End Sub<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;p&#062;<BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062; <BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;

Default RE: ADO ADDNEW METHOD

I didn&#039t see any reference to the ado constants file. That may be the problem when you .open the rs with adOpenDynamic constant. Make sure that constant is defined somewhere