Submit Button values & enctype=multipart/form-data

Thread: Submit Button values & enctype=multipart/form-data

Default Submit Button values & enctype=multipart/form-data

I need to pass a file along with my form data, so I am using enctype=multipart/form-data in the form tag. When I try to read the Value of the submit button from the asp code that is called upon form submission, the Value of the submit button = ""<BR><BR>Are there certain types of inputs that are ignored when using this enctype?<BR><BR>BTW, I have tested it, and if I remove the enctype from the form tag it works, but I need that in the tag.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SPG Guest

Default RE: Submit Button values & enctype=multipart/form-

What&#039s going on is that the request.form doesn&#039t quite know how to handle the enctype="multipart/form-data" (colossal annoyance, yes) because it looks substantially different than the default posted encoding.<BR><BR>The workaround I use is to have the action of the form have a querystring variable tacked on it (so I know what the submit would have been). You should/might be able to achieve this with a JavaScript onSubmit() function [this.action = this.action + "?action=" + this.submit.value], but I keep mine hardcoded to preserve my deminished mental condition and standards compliance.<BR><BR>HiH