File retrieval

Thread: File retrieval

Pete Youngs Guest

Default File retrieval

Is there anyway that I can retrieve a file from a remote location using ASP? I want to retrieve files from an archive on a remote server and save them to my local disk without the user knowing ie/ in the background. The user specifies the file name and path and then my application fetches them automatically, but how? Do I have to execute a file retreival application from within ASP and if so how? HELP!

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: File retrieval

I suggest that you take a look at msdn.microsoft.com/scripting then select vbscript and then documentation then objects then filesystem object. Here is the URL to the page I&#039m talking about. http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vbsfsoTOC.htm<BR><BR>I know for sure that you can do it on the webserver even if the documents are outside the wwwroot/ directory. I have never done it outside of the webserver, but I am sure that if you mapped a path with a drive letter that it would work.<BR><BR>If you can&#039t figure it out from the code on msdn. Drop me a line and I&#039ll send you some of my code which shows you how.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmaste r@wnj.com