(Long setup, questions at bottom)<BR>Okay, here&#039s what&#039s wierding me out today... Using VB6 on Win2K, I can type in<BR><BR>Private objADSI As ActiveDs.IADsContainer<BR><BR>and it can find the ActiveDs object (referenced) and the IADsContainer class. It can find all of the IADs stuff.<BR><BR>*However* when I go to use it (set objADSI = new ...), all of the IADs classes are gone.<BR><BR>The documentation appears to claim that this is because VB supports automation, so I can just use the getObject() without specifying which object I&#039m taking the getObject() from (ie:<BR>set objBar = getObject("bar") <BR>v. <BR>set objADSI = new ActiveDS.IADsContainser<BR>set objBar = objADSI.getObject("bar")<BR>)<BR><BR>Quite frankly, that sounds like a quick and official way to write sloppy code -- if another developer doesn&#039t have the ADSI object, there&#039s no obvious reason why the getObject("bar") stops working -- in fact, it would rather look like *I* forgot to code a function!<BR><BR>So, 1) What benefits are there in an Automation-supporting language (VBScript does it too) and 2) If I want to, can I ignore VB&#039s Automation support at the IDE level and code in the clear and explicit OO style I want to?