Default Submit Button - Possible ?

Thread: Default Submit Button - Possible ?

Declan W. Guest

Default Default Submit Button - Possible ?

I apologize in advance for the length of this entry...<BR><BR>On my page, I have several submit buttons, representing various functions.<BR><BR>I am trying to set it up so my users can hit enter anywhere on the page to activate a default submit button on the page. <BR><BR>In the form tag, I have <BR>onkeyup="if (event.keyCode == 13) {ProcessForm()}"<BR><BR>and ProcessForm() is<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT ID=clientDefaultHandlerJS LANGUAGE=javascript&#062;<BR>function ProcessForm(){<BR><BR> }<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>I did this in the hopes that it would act like the printticket button had been clicked.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, while the page does reload, it doesn&#039t send a value for printticket in the request object.<BR><BR>Am I completely on the wrong track...?<BR>Anyone know how to activate a specific submit button..? <BR><BR>or is there a much better (smarter) way to approach this problem?<BR><BR>Any help or direction will be much appreciated.<BR><BR>Declan <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR> <BR>

Default RE: Default Submit Button - Possible ?

You could just have one submit button (which would be your default) and the other buttons would be Normal buttons which run javascript functions to submit the form.<BR><BR>Doing it this way you can dynamically change the form action so it submits to different pages.<BR><BR>Hth, Paul.