browser ignores javascript validation

Thread: browser ignores javascript validation

simondowdell Guest

Default browser ignores javascript validation

Does any one know what suppler/browser signs itself as &#039digext&#039 (the last word in the http_user_agent)? This browser completely ignores my JS validation... any ideas? by the way, my validation works under non-customised versions of IE and Netscape<BR>Thanks in advance.

jason Guest

Default RE: browser ignores javascript validation

IE - customised versions have that. post the validation code and i&#039ll tell you waht&#039s wrong with it<BR><BR>jason<BR>

Remember that it&#039s possible to disable scripting completely in most (all?) browsers - if they&#039re scriptable in the first place...<BR><BR>Dunc

simon dowdell Guest

I know for a fact that the javascript is getting executed because it&#039s getting to the submitTo function... so it can&#039t possibly be raising an error (because the code would terminate at the error regardless)<BR><BR>//example code--------------------------------------<BR>var opagevalidation = new validationObject<BR><BR>function proceed()<BR>{<BR>var errormessage=opagevalidation.validateAll()<BR>if (errormessage!="") alert(errormessage)<BR>else submitTo(&#039mypage.asp&#039)<BR>return false<BR>}<BR>