I have a database set up where users enter a userid, Event title, event description , start date and end date. I want every one to be able to view this information but I only want the user that entered the information to be able to delete it and edit it. (There is an option to edit and delete the information that is viewable to everyone.) I have a cookie set and I want to check the userid of the cookie agianst the userid in the database in order to give the user permission to edit or delete inforamation. I want only users to be able to edit/delete their own personal information. <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039userid cookie set on another page<BR>struseridcookie = request.cookies("perfs")("userid")<BR><BR>&#039 I think I need a code to look through the database to find userids<BR> I<BR>If struerid = struseridcookie then<BR><BR> &#039 Create a recordset and open it for adding records<BR> sSQL = "DELETE * FROM tEvents WHERE Event_ID=" & Request.QueryString("Event_ID")<BR> Set Rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> Rs.Open sSQL, sDSN, adOpenKeySet, adLockPessimistic, adCmdText<BR> Set Rs = Nothing<BR> &#039&#039Close the Recordset&#039&#039<BR> objRecordset.Close<BR> Set objRecordset = Nothing<BR> Response.Redirect "events.asp?date=" & Request.QueryString("Date")<BR> else<BR>&#039sends to the page that says you did not enter the information &#039you are trying to edit. <BR>response.redirect "admin.asp"<BR> End If<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Thanks For Any Help<BR>