record set problem

Thread: record set problem

suresh jeyakumar Guest

Default record set problem

whenever i use the recordset to get the results of an SQL server<BR>select i am able to get only one record even when there are lots of records when i do a move next my eof is set true.is there any settings which i have to make can somebody get me a checklist that these are the items to be set and what is the cursor type,location to be used (i am just going to display the details got from recorset )i will be thankful for help on this<BR>

Sharique syed Guest

Default RE: record set problem

Lets Say u want to display all usernames in a table then.<BR>Your statement (Select username from tablename)<BR><BR>Here is a code pls go through.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject (ADODB.Connection)<BR>&#039then your dsn,uid,pwd.<BR>Conn.open "","",""<BR><BR>sql = "Select username from tablename"<BR>&#039Then set ur Recordset<BR>Set rs = Conn.Execute (sql)<BR>&#039Then Display (this can be done through do untill and while-wend also)<BR>Do while Nor rs.Eof%&#062;<BR> &#060;%=rs("Col name")%&#062;<BR>&#060;% rs.Movenext<BR>Loop<BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing%&#062;