Help with upsizing to SQL Server needed

Thread: Help with upsizing to SQL Server needed

Greg Bridle Guest

Default Help with upsizing to SQL Server needed

Dear All, I have just tried upsizing from Access 97 to SQL Server and I am now having some problem with the recordset returned by SQL Server. I have the following code:<BR><BR>Set rstProducts = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rstProducts.Ope n strSQLQuery, "DSN=sql_products;UID=sa;PWD=;"<BR>While Not rstProducts.EOF<BR> InsertAddToCartForm rstProducts("ItemCode"), "", "SpecialText"<BR> rstProducts.MoveNext<BR>Wend<BR>rstProducts.Close< BR>Set rstProducts = Nothing<BR><BR>What appears to happen is in the InsertAddToCartFunction some of the field values are getting set to Null after other variables are being accessed. I have run a page that only displays the record values and these are ok. As soon as I try and access a value, ie:<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;img src=""" & rstProducts("ImageName") & """ height=""" & rstProducts("ImageHeight") & """ width=""" & rstProducts("ImageWidth") & """ alt=""" & rstProducts("ImageAltText") & """ border=""0""&#062;"<BR><BR>Then in this case the ImageWidth value is being set to null. This happens to a number of the fields in the recordset. I am fairly sure that it is my ASP code that is error. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should be looking?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help<BR>Greg

Ricardo Londe Guest

Default RE: Help with upsizing to SQL Server needed

Try checking the value of strSQLQuery. If its ok use it in the SQL Query Analyzer and look at the results.<BR><BR>I hope this helps.<BR>Ricardo Londe.