format text(blob) output from sql7 CR/LF to <BR>

Thread: format text(blob) output from sql7 CR/LF to

john doucette Guest

Default format text(blob) output from sql7 CR/LF to

I have an existing SQL7 db that has recipies previously entered.<BR><BR>When I view a detail of the text(blob) column, all formatting is lost. <BR><BR>I wish to use font tags to make it nice, but without <BR>&#039s I&#039ll have to use &#060;PRE&#062; to show line breaks.<BR><BR>Any Ideas on how to format the text (replace?) on the way out of the table into the browser?<BR>

Imar Spaanjaars Guest

Default RE: format text(blob) output from sql7 CR/LF to
    Hello,<BR><BR>You could use the replace function like this:<BR><BR>Replace(stringToReplaceStuffIn, stringToSearchFor, stringToInsert, something, something, something)<BR>So you could use it like this: Replace(myBlobOutput, vbCRLF, "&lt;BR&gt;", 1, -1, 1) to replace all the line breaks with a &lt;BR&gt;<BR>You could do the same for spaces etc:<BR><BR>Replace(myBlobOutput, " ", "& nbsp;", 1, -1, 1)<BR><BR>At the moment I can&#039 remember what the 1, -1 ,1 does. It probably has to do someting with binary/not binary search etc.<BR>I think it &#039s a bit too early here to be that clear ;-)<BR><BR>HtH<BR><BR>Imar<BR>