Server-side MP3 and ASP

Thread: Server-side MP3 and ASP

Mark A. Richman Guest

Default Server-side MP3 and ASP

How would I play an MP3 file on the server (yes I know this is weird!) from ASP? I&#039ve tried to use the Media Player COM object with no luck. My IIS4 W3SVC is set to interact with the desktop. Either way hasn&#039t worked for me. <BR> <BR>ex:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim player<BR>Set player = Server.CreateObject("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1")<B R>player.AutoStart = True<BR>player.ClickToPlay = False<BR>player.Enabled = True<BR>player.Open("c: emp est.mp3")<BR>player.Play<BR>player.Stop &#039 Breakpoint set here in Visual Interdev 6.0<BR>Set player = Nothing<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: Server-side MP3 and ASP

If you get this working, i&#039m interested in it too... be thinking about creating a sort of jukebox that allows computers to add mp3s to a playlist on a &#039server&#039. gives people viewing webpage what is currently being played, a list of songs they can request.... etc... etc...

Mark A. Richman Guest

That&#039s EXACTLY what I&#039m trying to do! I&#039ve looked at xaudio.com for their free MP3 SDK, but nothing seems to work.

Mark A. Richman Guest

That&#039s EXACTLY what I&#039m trying to do! I&#039ve looked at xaudio.com for their free MP3 SDK, but nothing seems to work.

I&#039m thinking about creating my own component but haven&#039t had time to research windows api... i was thinking about using winamp as the program to interact with since it comes with a text file full of constants and how to interact with winamp through programming, so i was thinking that it should be easy enough to create a custom component that will send files to the playlist...

highpitch Guest

I have done something like this:<BR>http://24.7.50.247/eparty/radio<BR>but I&#039m facing a problem that all the song information are coming from the file name. How do I access the ID3 within the mp3 file?? Is there any resource on the net that show me how to do that? <BR><BR>Any help is appreciated! Please also email a copy of reply to highpitch1204@yahoo.com. Thank you!<BR><BR>hp