I want to update a table on the server without lea

Thread: I want to update a table on the server without lea

Default I want to update a table on the server without lea

i want to update a table on the server from the client (onclick event) without using page object since i do not want to leave the page.(i am using access database on the server)

Default RE: I want to update a table on the server without

Even if you write the update codes on another page, u can still redirect back to the previous page.

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: I want to update a table on the server without

There are a few ways that I know of that can accomplish what you&#039re wanting.<BR><BR>One way is to use RDS(Remote Data Services) but if you&#039re developing for browsers other than IE then this would not be a good choice because IE is required for RDS.<BR><BR>Another way is to use a hidden frame that has a form in it. When a user clicks a button on your page you can use client-side script to transfer the values on your page to the form in the hidden frame and submit that form. The page in the hidden frame will change, but the user won&#039t notice because the frame is hidden. You can have a message box pop up when the form in the hidden frame is finished submitting stating whether the action succedded or not. This more of a hack but it works.<BR><BR>The last method you can try is Remote Scripting(RS). RS allows you to make calls to ASP pages on the server without refreshing your current page. Requests are sent through a proxy(java applet) in your page and a response from the server is also returned through the Proxy. I&#039ve used this method many times at it has proven successful every time. You can find more info about RS at:<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting<BR><BR>Just click on the Remote Scripting link in the left menu.<BR><BR>