Using SSL and Frames

Thread: Using SSL and Frames

Keith Fowler Guest

Default Using SSL and Frames

Our site uses ASP extensively. It also utilizes frames quite a bit. We are trying to speed up portions of our site, by turning the SSL off on those pages that do not require encryption.<BR><BR>When attempting to communicate across frames with Javascript, we get an "Access Denighed" Error. <BR><BR>Is there any possible way to communicate across frames where one page is secure, and the other is not?<BR><BR>If you know of a way, even if it&#039s a HACK. Please, let me know.

HackerGuy Guest

Default RE: Using SSL and Frames

This question does belong in the advanced section. Let&#039s avoid this kind of nonsense in the future please.

SugarRay Guest

Use the SSL Purge method of the Server object.

Keith Fowler Guest

You guys are too much! The "Purge" method, that&#039s a good one. What will you think of next? I shudder to think of it!!!

ASPGod Guest

Your simian ancestry is apparent from the low intelligence factor of your question.

Your Master Guest

Why don&#039t you people leave poor Keith Fowler alone. It is apparent that he does not know how to program.

ASPHelper Guest

your hygiene leaves much to be desired.

It is quite apparent, that no one here has the intelligence to answer the question.<BR><BR>

toby_2 Guest

Default my thoughts

firstly...what inspired this purile flame?<BR><BR>and...<BR>I would use ssl sparingly. you never want to get into a situation where you have a frameset calling http AND https pages simultaeneously. It can only lead to mayhem. Javascript has a tonne of you have if you&#039re a secure layer, use it only for &#039important&#039 stuff..and jump out of the frameset.