Recordset paging

Thread: Recordset paging

Default Recordset paging

Does anyone know how to page a recordset without saving it into a session variable? I had a recordset saving into a session variable in IIS4 but now with IIS5 when the page is refreshed which also resets the variable I get the following error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01FB)<BR>An exception occurred: &#039session&#039<BR><BR>Yea,Yea I know session variable are evil, so give me a better way?

Default RE: Recordset paging

See for several ideas.<BR><BR>But if you have it working with session variables, then the easiest thing to do would be to simply store the values you need to carry over into hidden form fields on the page. When the page is submitted (I *assume* you do a &#060;FORM ... METHOD=POST&#062; and if not, why not), those hidden fields are sent to your processing code just as any form field value would be.<BR><BR>Just do <BR><BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE=Hidden Name=whateverYouGaveNameOfSessionVariable Value=valueOfSame&#062;<BR><BR>and then instead of doing<BR><BR>pagingInfo = Session("whatever")<BR><BR>you only have to do<BR><BR>pagingInfo = Request.Form("whatever")<BR><BR>