How to open an asp page in a new window using Java

Thread: How to open an asp page in a new window using Java

Swanand Mokashi Guest

Default How to open an asp page in a new window using Java

I have an asp page which has a server side calender control.I am trying to open this page in a new window of specified size using a link as follows :<BR>&#060;a href="javascript:window.open(&#039calender.asp&#03 9,&#039displaycalender&#039,&#039width=330,height= 230,status=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=n o&#039)"&#062;View Calender&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>But it gives a message box saying it couldnot download the file booking.asp(which is the file that calls teh calender.asp) and downloaded file is not available. After hitting ok on the nessage box it displays the calender.asp correctly. But how to get rid of the message box that pops in between <BR>Please help

FOFN Guest

Default RE: How to open an asp page in a new window using

I would put a function at the top and then call the function from the HREF:<BR><BR>function NewWin() {<BR>window.open("calender.asp","displaycalender", **etc.....);<BR><BR>}<BR><BR>function doNothing()<BR>{<BR> return false;<BR>}<BR><BR>&#060;/head&#062;...<BR>&#060;body&#062;...<BR>&#060;a href="javascript:void doNothing();" onClick="NewWin(); return false;"&#062;View Calender&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>View Calender&#060;/a&#062;<BR>