PLease help this Blonde new to asp?

Thread: PLease help this Blonde new to asp?

Raquel Anne Guest

Default PLease help this Blonde new to asp?

how do I get a script to run when some one crashes and/or exits a page?<BR><BR>EXAMPLE:<BR>you go to page1 then page2.asp<BR>you decide to close out, but in a hidden field is a counter...<BR>how do I get that value written to a database(access :( ) after the person has closed or lost a connection?<BR>so when the hidden counter reads 5:01, and you exit or crash, I need the script to find your login name and put that value into your specific field. Please help!?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!<BR>Raquel Anne

ASP_DRUG_DEALER Guest

Default RE: PLease help this Blonde new to asp?

&#060;SNIP&#062;<BR>you go to page1 then page2.asp<BR>you decide to close out, but in a hidden field is a counter...<BR>how do I get that value written to a database(access :( ) after the person has closed or lost a connection?<BR>&#060;/SNIP&#062;<BR><BR>I have played around with this a couple of times without success. I tried using the On_Session_End event and a users session ID. What I needed to do was delete what the user did to a database while at the site. The way I understand why this will not work is there is nothing left of a user when the session ends and fires off the end_event. The only other thing would be to use the application_session, but this could cause serious overhead for the server. <BR><BR>What I did do was put up the good old "log out" button and use a default value in my Dd. I set the default value to something crazy like 4:00AM. This away I can tell who logs and who dont. It also makes cleaning up the Db easy, just run a query looking for 4:00AM. Not the greatest thing I&#039ve done, but it does work...kind of.<BR><BR>hope this helps.