Thread: attachments

sirishagulla Guest

Default attachments

I tried writing code for sending attachments using cdonts.but it says "object does not support this method".it does not return an error when i try sending an attachment saved in root directory.i&#039m developing a site with email facuilities for my company.i should provide something to send attachments?how do i do this.please help.

jason Guest

Default RE: attachments

can you give us details of how you&#039re trying to do it? it works in root but not outside, therefore somethig id wrong with the method, so we need to see it.

Sandeep.R Guest

Hey man, the Probable mistake what you have done is used AttachFile methord with in the Parenthisis ie., (), then you have to use the Call methord.<BR><BR>I have a code written, might be this is helpful to you.<BR><BR>Bye<BR>Sandeep.r<BR>Dim NewMailObj<BR>set NewMailObj = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>NewMailObj.From = ""<BR>NewMailObj.To = ""<BR>NewMailObj.Subject = "Something"<BR>NewMailObj.Importance = lngImportance &#039 Creates an Important as high<BR>NewMailObj.Body = "This is a Test Mail for the Mailing of the Scheduled Reports using CDONTS"<BR>call NewMailObj.AttachFile(Session("ExportFileName"),"R eport.Xls")<BR>&#039Session("ExportObject") has the Path <BR>NewMailObj.Send

sunder Guest

First you may have to upload the file from the client machine to your web server using some is posting accepter from microsoft.then do attachment