Chuck this update stuff

Thread: Chuck this update stuff

MRamsey Guest

Default Chuck this update stuff

I keep getting the error stating [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Operation must use an updatable query and all the resources I&#039ve seen haven&#039t been much help in figuring out where the problem is. The code is placed on the following two pages. I want this to work and I&#039ve been staring at it for an eternity<BR><BR><BR><BR>The other tables that go with the database pull up fine. However, I don&#039t have to insert data into any of them.

SPG Guest

Default RE: Chuck this update stuff

Do you have write permission to the database?<BR><BR>&#060;rant&#062;<BR>Bloody silly error -- I actually had somebody file a bug against me on this because they didn&#039t properly install the database on their system from VSS... Almost the simplest bug to clear (right after PEBKAC cut and paste bug).<BR>&#060;/rant&#062;

MRamsey Guest

Default RE: Chuck this update stuff

My instructor is looking into it too because it just doesn&#039t seem to make sense. If someone could look at my code just to see if there&#039s anything there that could cause a problem I would appreiciate it

Default RE: THE FIX

You need to have write permissions on the folder that the database is in