HELP!Server.CreateObject Failed

Thread: HELP!Server.CreateObject Failed

sherri Guest

Default HELP!Server.CreateObject Failed

I uploaded my files to a client&#039s server and I&#039m receiving this error when trying to load my asp&#039s. Is this a permissions problem or what? They all run fine on my server.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>//global.asa, line 32 <BR><BR>Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: <BR><BR>Sherri<BR>

Default RE: HELP!Server.CreateObject Failed

What kind of object are you trying to create? If it&#039s a database object, is ado properly installed on the server?

Sherri Guest

Default Derek-More Info

Derek,<BR><BR>I&#039m new to this stuff. I believe it&#039s trying to connect to my database. Here&#039s my global.asa.<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server&#062;<BR><BR>&#039You can add special event handlers in this file that will get run automatically when<BR>&#039special Active Server Pages events occur. To create these handlers, just create a<BR>&#039subroutine with a name from the list below that corresponds to the event you want to<BR>&#039use. For example, to create an event handler for Session_OnStart, you would put the<BR>&#039following code into this file (without the comments):<BR><BR>&#039Sub Session_OnStart<BR>&#039**Put your code here **<BR>&#039End Sub<BR><BR>&#039EventName Description<BR>&#039Session_OnStart Runs the first time a user runs any page in your application<BR>&#039Session_OnEnd Runs when a user&#039s session times out or quits your application<BR>&#039Application_OnStart Runs once when the first page of your application is run for the first time by any user<BR>&#039Application_OnEnd Runs once when the web server shuts down<BR><BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server&#062;<BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR> &#039==Visual InterDev Generated - startspan==<BR> &#039--Project Data Connection<BR> Application("CourierConnection_ConnectionString") = "DSN=Courier;DBQ=C:ProjectdatabaseCourier2000Dev.m db;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=512;PageTimeout=5;"<BR> Application("CourierConnection_ConnectionTimeout") = 15<BR> Application("CourierConnection_CommandTimeout") = 30<BR> Application("CourierConnection_CursorLocation") = 3<BR> Application("CourierConnection_RuntimeUserName") = ""<BR> Application("CourierConnection_RuntimePassword") = ""<BR> &#039-- Project Data Environment<BR> Set DE = Server.CreateObject("DERuntime.DERuntime")<BR> Application("DE") = DE.Load(Server.MapPath("Global.ASA"), "_private/DataEnvironment/DataEnvironment.asa")<BR> &#039==Visual InterDev Generated - endspan==<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>Line 32 is the Project Data Environment area. I used Visual Interdev for development.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Derek-More Info

If you&#039re going to use this, you need to install the Data Environment on the server. You&#039ll have to look for the file msderun.dll. (You may also want to look for msde.dll.) On my machine, they&#039re in c:program filescommon filesdesigner. I&#039m not sure, but they may come with ado, which you install via mdac_typ.exe. If ado is ok on your server but the other files aren&#039t there, they probably come with visual studio. In that case, the simplest thing might be to drop the designer and just use the connection and recordset objects.<BR><BR>hth, Derek