downlaoding to excel from asp page

Thread: downlaoding to excel from asp page

Default downlaoding to excel from asp page

Hi,<BR> I have an application wherein there is a button on the page.On clicking the page the values from the sqlserver table gets exported to database.<BR>I am using excel.application object.<BR>The error i am getting is :<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039Excel.Application&#039 <BR><BR>/Excelapp/runquery.asp, line 144 <BR><BR><BR>I referred a lot of documents , it is mentiond that i have to install excel in the webserver,i.e,IIS.<BR>what is meant by installing excel and where.<BR><BR>Pls, Help me.<BR>thanx in advance.<BR><BR>Raja

Default RE: downlaoding to excel from asp page

It means you have to "Install Excel on the web server".<BR><BR>But that is what you already said. You have to Microsoft Excel (the one from the Microsoft Office CD) installed on the web server (the box where your ASP code resides).<BR><BR>Another way around this is to use the File System Object, and write the contents of the Query to a Comma Seperated File (CSV), which I believe by default is set to open with Excel. Then after successfully writing to the file, you should be able to do a Javascript redirect to the newly created file, and it will ask the user whether they would like to open it, or download it.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry