Using LIKE in an Access DSN-LESS query.

Thread: Using LIKE in an Access DSN-LESS query.

Mark Guest

Default Using LIKE in an Access DSN-LESS query.

Well, here it is:<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM GGroups WHERE (Group LIKE "*services*");<BR><BR>Works inside of Access, but try as many types of syntaxes, can&#039t seem to get it to work from an AS Page . . . anyone every gotten a LIKE to work?<BR><BR>Basically, I am trying to search the one field for any string match. The only way I can do it is to pull the entire field, and perform an InStr() on every record. SIGH

MARK Guest

Default RE: ANSWERED MYSELF!! Using LIKE in an Access DSN-

Gee, if I had looked around first, I could have not needed to post!!<BR><BR>Answer is:<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM GGroups WHERE (Group LIKE "%services%")<BR><BR>So, percents work outside Access just like the asteriks work insdie Access.<BR><BR>Thanks to all!

Default RE: Using LIKE in an Access DSN-LESS query.

you can try % instead of *<BR><BR>happy programming<BR>

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Using LIKE in an Access DSN-LESS query.

I could not reply to the initial thread. So I had to reply to this thread.<BR><BR>Here is what my actual code looks like for an example to your search question. Like &#039%" & strsearch & "%&#039 . Notice that the % is on both sides of the string.<BR>If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.<BR><BR>Jason <BR>webmaster@wnj.com<BR>&#060;%<BR>strSearch = request.form("searchvalue")<BR><BR><BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:databasequickref.mdb"<BR><BR>dim objconn, objrec, mysql, strStatus, Mytest, strLength<BR>set objconn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR><BR >objConn.open strConnect<BR><BR><BR>mysql = "SELECT tblPrograms.ProgramName, tblQuickRefs.QuickRefName, tblQuickRefs.QuickRefKeyWords FROM tblPrograms INNER JOIN tblQuickRefs ON tblPrograms.ProgramID = tblQuickRefs.ProgramID WHERE (((tblQuickRefs.QuickRefKeyWords) Like &#039%" & strsearch & "%&#039)) or (((tblPrograms.ProgramName) Like &#039%" & strsearch & "%&#039));"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>set rstemp=objConn.execute(mysql)<BR><BR>strPath = "http://wnjinet/is/helpdesk/quickreference/"<BR>response.write "&#060;table&#062;"<BR>If not rstemp.eof then<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> Do While Not rstemp.EOF<BR>strQuickRefName = rstemp("QuickRefName")<BR>strQuickRefKeyWords = rstemp("QuickRefKeyWords")<BR>strProgramName = rstemp("ProgramName")<BR><BR>response.write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;td&#062;" & strProgramName & "&#060;/td&#062;&#060;td&#062;&#060;a href=&#039" & strPath & strQuickRefName & "&#039&#062;" & strQuickRefKeyWords & "&#060;/a&#062;&#060;/td&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>rstemp.movenext<BR><BR> Loop<BR><BR>End if<BR>response.write "&#060;/table&#062;"<BR><BR> rstemp.close<BR> <BR><BR>Set rstemp = nothing<BR>objConn.close<BR>Set objConn = nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;