Question Re: Images and DB's

Thread: Question Re: Images and DB's

David Highlander Guest

Default Question Re: Images and DB's

Is it possible for a user to view an ASP page much like that of adding their name to database but instead attach a file from a floppy or their hard drive and have that file stored somewhere and the name of the file stored in a DB.<BR><BR>Then the next question would be is it also possible to make those images display on a web page by calling the info from the DB.<BR><BR>I don&#039t expect you to show me how but maybe if you can explain what components or even a tutorial I need to read, I would really appreciate it.

Default RE: Question Re: Images and DB's

To upload a file from a client machine onto your server you&#039ll need to use a 3rd party file-upload component - there&#039s the MS PostingAcceptor that&#039s on the option pack CD but I don&#039t think it&#039s much good - the best is SA FileUp available from<BR><BR>Once you&#039ve got the file on your server and it&#039s path and name stored in the database, displaying it is just a matter of Response.Write()ing an IMG tag with the correct src.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Dunc