Searching through an email

Thread: Searching through an email

Default Searching through an email

Hi,<BR><BR>Does any one know of a way you could receive an email and then read it in so that you can use some of the text - What I&#039m aiming to do is receive an email about share prices and read it in and then pick out the shares and the corresponding prices.<BR><BR>Is this possible with ASP? Thanks for any help in advance, Dan.<BR><BR>

jason Guest

Default RE: Searching through an email

There are pop3 components out there. I know for certain it can be done with ColdFusion, using CFPOP. A firm I used to work for market a custom server solution which recieves XML email messages and immediately posts results to a server which outputs based on browser, but I reckon that&#039d be too pricey for what you want to do.<BR><BR>If you and get a component, it&#039ll load the message into a string, which can be searched using whichever method you would normally use, Regular Expression, XMLDOM, whatever.<BR><BR><BR>Here&#039s a thought. It could be possible with Windows Script Host, NT Task Scheduler and one of the Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express DLLs. <BR><BR>email me ( with some more details and I&#039ll see what I can put together for you, could be an intriguing little project.<BR><BR>jason<BR><BR>