ASP Email?

Thread: ASP Email?

SanjayI Guest

Default ASP Email?

I am writing an ASP application to populate the default <BR>email software on a pc, with the e-mail addresses from a <BR>database. I am using the mailto: tag to populate this list.<BR>Here is the example of my code:<BR>&#060;form name=message <BR>action="mailto:bcc=&#060;%=strEmailList%&#062; "&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062; <BR>The problem I am having is that the email list gets truncated in the<BR>email&#039s address text box, because of the 256 character limitation<BR>of the QueryString. Can anyone suggest a way around this?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Sanjay Ingle<BR>email:

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: ASP Email?

Make the form method = Post. This sends the form data via form/post, which means tere is no limit to the data length. The default is get, which uses the QueryString, which is limited to 256 chars.<BR><BR>&#060;form name=message method="post" action="mailto:bcc=&#060;%=strEmailList%&#062;"&#0 62;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;

Jason Guest

Default RE: ASP Email?

if you must do it that way, you&#039re stuck with the limit. why not send mail direct from ASP? two articles at show you how its done with two different free components.