<!--# commands

Thread: <!--# commands

Ben Roy Guest

Default <!--# commands

Ok...I am not familiar with these at all besides include. I assume there must be more of them. What&#039s the official title? Server side directives? If anyone can point me to some place where I can find decent information on this I&#039d appreciate it!

SPG Guest

Default A Lovely Reference...

Server Side Includes (SSI) are covered in chapter 13 of "Webmaster in a Nutshell, 2nd Ed." (O&#039Reilly & Assc.) This handy book also contains all sorts of useful HTML, PHP and Javascript information (as well as an ASCII character chart) in quick-reference format. Additionally, there&#039s XML, Perl, HTTP protocol and "Server Configuration" sections. Now available from http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=1565923251 for a mere $20.<BR><BR>Quite frankly, I&#039ve found that when moving data from user input to the Querystring to a database, the ASCII chart alone is worth $20...<BR><BR>Hope it helps!<BR>(And no, I don&#039t work for Fatbrain -- I just like their dedication to books.)

Ben Roy Guest

Default RE: A Lovely Reference...

Well, the question wasn&#039t about SSI. There are lots of references on this site and other sites on the web about how to handle includes. The actual question was:<BR><BR>I can only assume there are other commands of the format &#060;!--#COMMANDNAME --&#062; besides &#060;!--#include --&#062;. I am quite familiar with includes and how to handle them. What I want to know is what other commands are available besides include.

Ben Roy Guest

Default RE: A Lovely Reference...

Nevermind, found a link on MS. Thx for the help.

icabod Guest

Default POST LINK! :) [n/t]

[n/t] means No Text, phool!