Auto Respond Email Question.....

Thread: Auto Respond Email Question.....

1. #1 Guest

Default Auto Respond Email Question.....

I have recently setup an ASP driven message board on my web site..the only bug I seem to have is the function that allows someone to have their password emailed to them does not work. I get this error message:<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/forum/pword.asp, line 6 <BR>Invalid class string <BR><BR><BR>Can someone help me with this? Oh yeah, here is the code from "line 6":<BR><BR>Set smtp = Server.CreateObject("SmtpMail.SmtpMail.1")<BR>set my_conn= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>my_Conn .Open ConnString<BR><BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>MP2<BR>

jason Guest

Default RE: Auto Respond Email Question.....

just looks like you&#039re referencing a component that hasn&#039t been installed, or was installed wrongly. try taking the .1 off the end - version independent PROGIDs are better used if they exist.<BR><BR>Check the registry of the server to ensure the component is there and registered. if it&#039s not registered, regsvr32.exe it.<BR><BR>Perhaps trying a different mail component would help? Using JMail (JMail.SMTPMail) is pretty much recommended, or CDONTS (CDONTS.NewMail)