Have you seen this??

Thread: Have you seen this??

Default Have you seen this??

I am looking for a way to have a password login in with various security levels. I have seen these in the 4Guys page, but I want to administer it remotely. This way I could add, delete, or update users. I was wondering if any of you have seen something like this. I would appreciate any help you could give me.<BR><BR>PS. I want to limit the number of times a user could access the page. If I had a field named entry and put a number (say 5) in it, each time they went in it would minus 1 (to 4).<BR><BR><BR>THANK YOU; THANK YOU,<BR>Jeremy

Default RE: Have you seen this??

The method I use is to have a Session Variable that stores wether a users has loged in or not. So a users logs in and there detail are checked against a database of username and passwords. If the username and password are correct then I look at another field in the database call securitylevel, this is just a number, the higher the number the higher the security level. So if you&#039ve not logged in your security level is 0, normal users 1, admin 2, super users 3, etc. You can have as many as you like. We store this number in a session var, say Session("SecurityLevel").<BR><BR>The at the top of all your ASP pages you just stick this little bit of code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Session("SecurityLevel") &#060; 1 Then<BR> Response.Redirect ("login.htm")<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This could be included by using a include file that way its easy to look after and change. To setup your different pages just change the number to which ever level you want that page to be. So if you want the page to be available to admin users then set the number to 2 so that normal users and non-logged in users will be transported to login.htm or where ever you want.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete