thought of the day ...

Thread: thought of the day ...

fl1rt Guest

Default thought of the day ...

have you noticed then when a girl asks an ASP question, droves of guys fall over themselves to reply?<BR><BR>Yet, when a guy asks a question...where are the girls?<BR><BR>.oOps - that&#039s me in trouble ;)<BR><BR>and here&#039s a quickie now I&#039ve grabbed your attention.<BR><BR>HIDING JAVASCRIPT<BR>Is it possible to call a javascript function in a daughter window from a separate top window ?????<BR><BR>The reason for asking is that I need to HIDE the source for some javascript.<BR><BR>eg:<BR><BR>open the daughter window with javascript with no "save as" feature, including right mouse click disable and frames to elimate any possible view source.<BR><BR>any takers ?<BR>

JoelH Guest

Default I can hide source code...

Netscape, you&#039d see nothing but a few lines of code. But that won&#039t help for ie, it&#039s dumb, but you&#039d laugh...<BR><BR>With asp, it&#039s better, can prevent caching too...ANYWAY...<BR><BR>What I want to know, cause it&#039s late and I&#039m cranky is <BR><BR>A.) DO you want the MAIN window to link and in that MAIN window with NO Pop up have the toolbar gone? Hope not, can&#039t happen. Security.<BR><BR>What I think you mean is<BR><BR>B.) Do you want the **** pop up to have no toolbar?<BR><BR>Daughter window? Too late for me to know that, I go with main/parent...sorry...but I think I can help.<BR><BR>I can still use my mouse to view source or the keyboard. Don&#039t bother. I disable the source, prevent access to ANY page you see IN the source if I use an src and block any access WITHOUT hyperlink, and disable your right click and if you F up, I BLOW OU UP! It&#039s cool...<BR><BR>I hide source the &#039poor man&#039s way.<BR><BR>Or garble it for IE. POINT? There may be OTHER ways...I would like to help as you are helpful too...<BR><BR>I am NOT saying this to be rude with my CAPS. He&#039ll, I WANT to help, but I&#039d feel like a putz for sending you code to get it wrong. So, if you want, let me know exactly what end result you seek so I can help.<BR><BR>Email me if you wish. Sorry, I don&#039t have boobs...<BR><BR><BR><BR >I agree though, if a GIRL comes here and ask in the ADVANCED section:<BR><BR>"What is ASP?" Too many people will reply, but when I, a guy, ask<BR>"So, can this be done" (crickets...)<BR><BR>I sit with my (ahem) in the wind...<BR>C&#039est la vie...

fl1rt Guest

Default RE: I can hide source code...

email on the way...

Default RE: thought of the day ...

You can call scripts between windows, but... <BR><BR>I strongly doubt that you can successfully hide client-side script from a determined &#039reader&#039. There are various things you can do to make it more difficult - ther first I&#039d do is remove the script from the page and place it in a separate .js file. But regardless of anything you do, if I really want I can fire up Interdev, attach to the IExplore process, force a break and read the script...<BR><BR>Why do you NEED to hide your script?<BR><BR>Dunc

Paul(a?) Guest

So why don&#039t you post with a girls name !<BR><BR>;-)<BR>Paul or is it Paula ?

Skippie Guest

You can also read the .js file by typing in the URL to the file<BR>itself:<BR><BR><BR><BR>The browser&#039s "save file as" dialog box will appear allowing you<BR>to download the javascript file.<BR><BR><BR>-- Skippie

al dawg Guest

Have you tried windows script encoder yet? It&#039s worked for all my asp pages, and supposedly will do regular html pages also.