Date and Time Scenario

Thread: Date and Time Scenario

Default Date and Time Scenario

Hi,<BR>Here is a situation:<BR>I am working on an application where I take start time and ending time of a task and submit it to a MS SQL database. The Field type MS SQL for these are datetime. But I only submit the time Exp: 10:00 AM. But what it actually stores in the database is Dec 31 1899 10:00:00 AM.<BR>Now the problem is, I want to block the users if they submit the same time for again. <BR>Any thoughts on how I can acheive this.<BR>I will really appriciate it.<BR>Thanks<BR>Vinay Bansal

Default RE: Date and Time Scenario

Well, if it always uses dec 31 1899 as the default date, then just take the time that the user enters, concatenate it with dec 31 1899, and compare it to all of the datetime fields in the database.

Can you just compare like <BR>if 10:00 AM &#062; 9:30 AM then<BR>do this<BR><BR>What I am confused with is is it going to matter it is AM or PM

I think you can just compare them. Give it a try.<BR>If it doesn&#039t work, then you can convert the times to integers, piece by piece, and then compare those (after adding extra time if it is P.M.).