display massage while the page is loading.

Thread: display massage while the page is loading.

minnie Guest

Default display massage while the page is loading.

On the first page I have a display button that displays the page containing the names of the pending approval users. Since the database is huge it takes some time to load the page therefore until the page is not loaded I want a message saying something like "Loading..Please Wait!" to be displayed.<BR>How do I go about doing this please help.I am using ASp and VBScript.

dclark Guest

Default RE: display massage while the page is loading.

I&#039ve never done this before, but here&#039s a thought...<BR>How &#039bout trying this right before your recordset display:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>do while not rs.EOF<BR>response.write "Page Loading. Please Wait."<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>You might also look at doing some DHTML here. Put at line in a &#060;div id=message&#062;Page Loading. Please Wait.&#060;/div&#062; and write a little sub procedure that displays message at the start of rs.BOF and then hides it when rs.EOF.<BR><BR>Again...just some thoughts.

I wanted a similar outcome with a large dbase I&#039m using. I settled on this VBScript option. When the user clicks the &#039Submit&#039 button, an alert message is issued.<BR><BR>&#060;body onUnLoad="alert(Loading data - Please wait.&#039);"&#062;

minnie Guest

&nbsp;<BR>thank you for the help it WORKS!<BR>but I have one more question...actualiy, I wanted a page in between that will display the message and will get replaced by the approval users page when all the values are retrieved from the database.<BR>any idea!<BR>thanks again