Problems updating my access97 database

Thread: Problems updating my access97 database

Default Problems updating my access97 database

Hi!<BR><BR>I am having troubles updating my Access database, the database lies on NT4 server(using IIS), and I am trying to update one of the tables in database using ASP(VBscript).<BR>The error i got from the server was:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can&#039t update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>I contacted my isp and the ODBC-Manager is NOT set to Read only,<BR>I do have Conn.Mode=3 inside the script, both file and folder properties are set Read/Write.<BR><BR>So why can&#039t I update my database? I have tried other scripts also and the result is same.(the error 80004005 comes up again!)<BR><BR>Please help, I don&#039t want to edit my database on my computer and then use FTP-program every time!<BR><BR>Markus<BR>

Default RE: Problems updating my access97 database

I&#039m not sure what the set up is for your host, but I found out very quickly that DSN is not the best method to use to access your database. Try a method similar to this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039this script is called from other pages to open the database connection.<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("db/music.mdb")<BR>objConn.Open<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This script opens the database and makes it available to other processes. Of course, you&#039ll probably want to expand on this to get the data out, but the key is the objConn.connectionstring line...