Random Colors

Thread: Random Colors

Default Random Colors

I need to assign different colors to the users who are entering my chat app... and they need to be visible colors. How do i accomplish this? any pointers will be useful. Thanks

fl1rt Guest

Default RE: Random Colors

this is a new one for me.<BR><BR>How many users can you have at any one time ?<BR>Is your background colour constant ?<BR><BR>Why don&#039t you predefine "visible" colours and let the user pick their own after previous ones have been registered and eliminated from being chosen again ?<BR><BR>you can have a simple database lookup of colours and "active" settings with a "timed session" on each colour. so you simply create a drop down menus of "inactive" colours and make available colours when a session expires.<BR><BR>a relatively simple job though quite a lot of code required for lookups, cleanups etc.<BR>I&#039m sure there&#039s a simpler way, but that&#039s what I would do.<BR>databases are cool for tracking such user profiles

&nbsp;<BR>If Ur using Vbscript....<BR>&#060;%<BR>for i=1 to 25 step 2<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;font color= & "rgb(rnd(i*10),rnd(i*5),rnd(i*15))" &#062;Hi !!!&#060;/font&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>next<BR>%&#062;<BR>Depend ing upon values colors are changed..<BR><BR>I think it will work

Veena Guest

Visit the site www.illustratedlibrary.com<BR>Go to the chat page.<BR>They have used this concept of colors.