multiple database connections?

Thread: multiple database connections?

jon Guest

Default multiple database connections?

Someone please help me out...<BR><BR>Im consistently getting an error message when adding a second ADODB connection to an asp file. Is there only 1 allowed?, can i have 2 if i close one before opening another? The code and error to follow; i have used the same syntax on another connection within the page (different variable names) and it works...<BR><BR>function SetEnd() <BR> SQLB = "INSERT INTO SurveyCompletions (UsrNumber, SurveyNumber) SELECT ""12"" AS UsrNum, ""1"" AS SurveyNum;" &#039 12 abd 1 to be replaced by request.querystring params once i get it to work<BR> Set connB = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection") "DSN=dpIntra"<BR> set FinishVal=connB.execute(SQLB)&#039&#060;&#060;Erro r line <BR> connB.close<BR> set FinishVal=nothing<BR> response write(SQLB) &#039to see if it gets this far...<BR> End function<BR><BR> <BR><BR>Error given = <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e10&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 2. <BR><BR>/Articles/Survey.asp, line 206 <BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: multiple database connections?

I am not sure about two database connections, but you are not passing the right amount of parameters to that function that you are calling.