Checkbox trees

Thread: Checkbox trees

Bob Hofman Guest

Default Checkbox trees

Does anyone have an idea on how I can dynamically create a "tree" of checkboxs? I have a project where a company has zones, markets and stores. Eash zone can have multiple markets and each market can have multiple stores. These are all stored in SQL database tables. Right now I simply make a list which they can individually select each store. What they would like to do is be able to select either a market and automatically select all of the stores underneath it or select a zone and automatically select all markets/stores underneath it (also allowing a deselction). <BR><BR>What I want to do is create something like a collapsible tree where they can expand/collapse each level (zone/market) and select items at the store/market/zone level. Have I been working too hard and gone mad or is something like this possible? I&#039ve looked all over but haven&#039t found any examples of this being done anywhere to date.<BR><BR>Any suggestions or soothing words to give it up would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Bob.

Default RE: Checkbox trees

Go look at some of the numerable "Tree" controls that are out there (esp. those written in JavaScript!) and you should be able to adapt them to your needs.<BR><BR>Caution: Changing the appearance on the screen can be tough in JS if you want to be cross-platform compliant. The easiest way is to put the "tree" into a separate frame and then just re-write the frame contents each time you want to make a change.<BR><BR>