Data Types - Currency

Thread: Data Types - Currency

Toby Mills Guest

Default Data Types - Currency

Please Please help..<BR>I am trying to wtite an asp page that searches a Job Vacancy DB for three given values and returns the result, easyPeasy i hear u say. Well one of the values is a currency (the jobs salary) so i have placed a line of code....<BR> select SalaryValue from Vacancies where " _<BR> & " County = &#039" & Request.Form("County") & "&#039 and " _<BR> & " SalaryValue &#062;= &#039" & salary & "&#039 and " _<BR> & " JobLineSoc = &#039" & SearchCriteria & "&#039 and " _<BR> & "JobType = &#039" & Request.Form("jobtype1") & "&#039")<BR> <BR>but this returns the error<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e07&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression. <BR><BR>can anyone please help.<BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>tobbles<BR><BR>

Default RE: Data Types - Currency

It&#039s hard to tell from this, but is salary a currency or number field? I&#039m sure you know that the error is saying you are trying to call a text field when you have a # field or the opposite. The problem seems to be with your &#039 tics. Sorry but I would need to know what the fields are. Good Luck!!

Fion Guest

Default RE: Data Types - Currency

I am assuming that your field "SalaryValue" is of type Currency too..<BR>If it is, simply remove the single quote<BR>SalaryValue &#062;= " & salary & " <BR><BR>Hope that helps.<BR><BR>