Please Help me? I am desperate!

Thread: Please Help me? I am desperate!

Raquel Anne Guest

Default Please Help me? I am desperate!

I want to keep someone from using the page back button on a browser when they get to an asp page, but I also dont want to open a new window either, is there a way to do this?<BR>Please help?<BR>Thanks in advance!<BR>Raquel Anne

Default RE: Please Help me? I am desperate!

why dont u want them to use the back button!? i had the case where if the user hit back it would re-run a ASP page that created a file on our network and therefor i did not want to over write that file, so what i did was have the first ASP page run and then advance to a 2nd ASP page that was a re-direction page that then quickly (unseen to the user) re-directed them to a 3rd ending page, that way if they hit back they hit the 2nd re-direction page and it will not re-run the 1st page but insted take them again to the 3rd page. so for me that worked and worked in all versions of web browsers.<BR>hope it helps.<BR>~Deion<BR>

Default RE: Please Help me? I am desperate!

Do you have to use asp only to control this? If you do then you can use some session var to dissallow any return to the page.<BR><BR>Might be easier to use javascript with the history object.