hello all,<BR><BR>I have added a password protected administration section to site I am developing.<BR>The user email and passord entered are checked against those stored in a text file password.txt<BR><BR>i have used the code below to do this:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR> session.timeout = 2 <BR> Dim mailaddress, userkey<BR> mailaddress = request.form("email")<BR> userkey = request.form("pwd")<BR> Session("user")=mailaddress<BR> Session("id")=userkey<BR><BR> set pwdObj = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR> set gtFile = pwdObj.openTextFile(Server.MapPath("password.txt") )<BR><BR> While not gtFile.AtEndOfStream<BR> if gtFile.ReadLine=Session("user") & " " & Session("id") Then<BR> gtfile.close<BR> Response.Redirect "admin.asp"<BR> End If<BR> WEND<BR><BR> Response.Redirect "invalid.asp"<BR><BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>I now want to give the admin user the facility to change the username (email) and password. However, I have not got the faintest clue on how to write to , or overwrite or delete anything in a text file using asp.<BR><BR>Can anyone give me any pointers???<BR><BR>Thanx,<BR>Kate