Message Box

Thread: Message Box

Default Message Box

Does anyone know if you can display a message box without using JavaScript? I want to display a message box saying that something has been added to a shopping list, but I do not want to have to go to a confirmation page.

Default RE: Message Box

I have to display messages to the user and also don&#039t want to use javascript so here is what I did.<BR>I use visual Interdev so there is a Design Time Label Control(DTC). If I need to display a message to the use, I set the .SetCaption to the apropriate message string and the do a .show<BR>Example:<BR>If fictional_function_userGoofs=true then<BR>***mylabel.SetCaption "oops you goofed"<BR>***mylabel.show<BR>*else<BR>***m ylabel.hide <BR>end if<BR><BR>If you dont have interdev or you don&#039t want to use a DTC then<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>If fictional_function_userGoofs=true then<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Response.write "oops you goofed"<BR>end if <BR>%&#062;<BR>placed appropriately in the html stream should work also. Either way costs a round trip to the server :(<BR><BR>Niether is as glam as a popup message box but it is simple and gets the message accross.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Mike