Adding to an Access DB from the web?

Thread: Adding to an Access DB from the web?

Default Adding to an Access DB from the web?

I am attempting to add a new record to an Access db using the following code. I have reviewed the rwx permissions for the db, the folder it resides in, etc. I appear to have total access. I say appear because te db resides on a remote server. According to the hosts IS dept, I have total access, but I get the error listed below the code.<BR><BR>Dim strOption<BR>strOption = CStr(Request.QueryString("option"))<BR><BR>Dim strTitle, strDept, strLocation, strOpen, strClass, strShift, strDate, strPostedBy<BR><BR>Dim strEducation, strExperience, strSkills, strSummary, strEmail<BR><BR>strTitle = CStr(Request.Form("title"))<BR>strDept = CStr(Request.Form("dept"))<BR>strLocation = CStr(Request.Form("location"))<BR>strNumOpen = CStr(Request.Form("numOpen"))<BR>strClass = CStr(Request.Form("class"))<BR>strShift = CStr(Request.Form("shift"))<BR>strDate = CStr(Request.Form("date"))<BR>strPostedBy = CStr(Request.Form("postedBy"))<BR>strEducation = CStr(Request.Form("education"))<BR>strExperience = CStr(Request.Form("experience"))<BR>strSkills = CStr(Request.Form("skills"))<BR>strSummary = CStr(Request.Form("summary"))<BR>strEmail = CStr(Request.Form("email"))<BR><BR>Select Case strOption<BR>Case "add"<BR><BR>Dim objRec<BR><BR>Set objRec = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRec.Open "Employment", strConnect, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>objRec.AddNew<BR>objRec.Fields(" JobTitle") = strTitle<BR>objRec.Fields("Div/Dept") = strDept<BR>objRec.Fields("Location") = strLocation<BR>objRec.Fields("NumOpenings") = strOpen<BR>objRec.Fields("JobClass") = strClass<BR>objRec.Fields("Shift") = strShift<BR>objRec.Fields("Date") = strDate<BR>objRec.Fields("PostedBy") = strPostedBy<BR>objRec.Fields("Education") = strEducation<BR>objRec.Fields("Experience") = strExperience<BR>objRec.Fields("Skills") = strSkills<BR>objRec.Fields("Summary") = strSummary<BR>objRec.Fields("Email") = strEmail<BR>objRec.Update<BR><BR>objRec.Close<BR>S et objRec = Nothing<BR><BR>Case "delete"<BR><BR>Case "modify"<BR><BR>End Select<BR>%&#062; <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>

Default RE: Adding to an Access DB from the web?

Don&#039t believe your IS people. You (personally) might have permission to write to that DB, but (see my reply to another message just a few moments ago!) *you* are not the same as the "user" that the system sees when IIS makes requests.<BR><BR>Get the IS people to figure out "who" IIS is and set the permissions to allow IIS to write.<BR><BR>