ACCESS:HYPERLINK FLD NOT DISPLAYED

Thread: ACCESS:HYPERLINK FLD NOT DISPLAYED

Default ACCESS:HYPERLINK FLD NOT DISPLAYED

HI,<BR><BR>In access DB I have a table with one of the fields as a hyperlink data type.<BR><BR>when i retrieve it in ASP using recordset i.e:<BR>(after connection established)<BR>fldname:link<BR><BR>rs=server.crea teObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>response.write rs("link")<BR><BR>this displays link field as normal string.<BR>how to display as a link itself, since data type is hyperlink.<BR>should it be done using anchors only?no other simpler way to display as original data type?<BR><BR>help please.

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: ACCESS:HYPERLINK FLD NOT DISPLAYED

I answered this question below RE:HYPERLINKING<BR><BR>say you have a link table where you just have user submit there favorite URLs.<BR><BR>tblURLs<BR>field1: URLID (AUTONUMBER)<BR>field2: URLADDRESS (TEXT)<BR>field3: URLDESCRIPTION (TEXT)<BR><BR>CONNECT TO DATABASE<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:databaseurldb.mdb"<BR><BR>dim objconn, objrec, mysql, strStatus, Mytest, strLength<BR>set objconn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>obj Conn.open strConnect<BR><BR>mysql = "SELECT tblURLs.URLADDRESS, tblURLs.URLDESCRIPTION FROM tblURLs"<BR>set rstemp = objConn.execute(mysql)<BR><BR>response.write "&#060;table&#062;"<BR><BR>&#039GO THROUGH ALL OF THE RECORDS IN THE TABLE<BR>If not rstemp.eof then<BR><BR>Do While Not rstemp.EOF<BR>strURLADDRESS = rstemp("URLADDRESS")<BR>strURLDESCRIPTION = rstemp("URLDESCRIPTION")<BR><BR>&#039WRITE ALL OF THE LINKS IF THE HTTP:// IS INCLUDED IN THE FIELD<BR>response.write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;td&#062;&#060;a href=&#039" & strURLADDRESS & "&#039&#062;" & strURLDESCRIPTION & "&#060;/a&#062;&#060;/td&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR><BR>&#039IF THE HTTP:// IS NOT INCLUDED THEN DO THIS<BR>response.write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;td&#062;&#060;a href=&#039http://" & strURLADDRESS & "&#039&#062;" & strURLDESCRIPTION & "&#060;/a&#062;&#060;/td&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>rstemp.movenext<BR>Loop<BR>re sponse.write "&#060;/table&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>End if<BR><BR>&#039CLOSE CONNECTION<BR>rstemp.close<BR>set rstemp = nothing<BR>objconn.close<BR>set objconn = nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>I hope that this code is clear enough for you.<BR><BR>If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmaster @wnj.com<BR>